So today is one of two Friday 13th of 2017, the next one is in October.
With this day deemed the most unlucky day I've compiled a list of my 13 superstitions.
Many of which you may even have as your own.
So here we go:
1) Money in a new purse/ money box - when giving as a gift. Its something my mum does and I've taken on board especially when I brought my daughter her first money box for her 1st birthday.
2) Walking over 3 drain covers - this one in more of a safety thing than it being bad luck. The middle cover in my eyes just doesn't feel safe.
3) Salt over Shoulder - I never really spilt salt until I worked in a restaurant, but recently the entire lid came off our salt shaker all over uncooked salt. Needless to say I wasn't happy, it went everywhere.
4) Walking under a ladder
5) New shoes on a table - this again I learnt from my mum.
6) Magpies - I love magpies when I see them in groups. Counting one for sorrow, two for joy, etc. I dislike seeing a single one.
7) Umbrellas opened indoors
8) Touching Wood (or my forehead) - when not tempting fate.
9) Horseshoe - I used to go horse riding as a child and we had a old worn horseshoe outside our family home. Always open for luck.
10) Breaking a Mirror - because who wants 7 years bad luck. Even if its true or not.
11) Bringing a new pram/ moses basket into your home for your unborn child -I heard this superstition many times when I was pregnant. I did purchase a moses basket and stand, had it delivered and kept it wrapped up unopened. I doubt this had something to do with her being 5 weeks premature: though it is debatable.
12) Pulling out grey/white hairs - apparently 10 more grow back in its place
13) Feeling a chill run up your back - someone is walking over your grave. This is quite morbid for a superstition as I have experienced this many times.
Other things that I believe give luck are finding a finding a penny with the Queens head up, will bring me luck for the rest of the day. Find a four leaf clover, though these are hard to come by. And seeing a white feather falling is a sign that someone in heaven is saying hello.
Do you have any that I haven't listed?